DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING: Week 9

 


As the details for the poster design, Mr Fauzi give us the theme of "Mental Health" for the task where we need to do the research and decide the title, slogan, and the call for action. In this task, I decided to chose 'Zoom Meeting' as my concern in this COVID-19 Pandemic. It proves that a lot of people need to suffering to stay in front of computer to do the their work or study by video chat. So, I summarized all of the research into one slogan which is "ZOOM-IN TO YOURSELF, GIVE UP WHAT OTHERS THINK OF YOU" with +6010-285-9334 as the call for action.


Before I move to the photoshop to do the design, there are some of the poster design that I used it as the moodboard. Basically, it is one only that portray my imagination which is the neon concept in the picture 1.1.


1.1 Moodboard

1.2 Moodboard

1.3 Moodboard


Next, I tried to draw the mockup for each part of the concept in the white plain background to visualize my illustration. As we understand, the mock-up is important as the first step to proceed to the digital design. I prepared two sketchs to do two designs so that I could choose which one is more better for the final.


2.1 Mockup: Title

2.2 Mockup: Slogan

2.3 Mockup: Call for Action

2.4 Mockup: Poster


The last step before the design production is taking the picture as the main layer of the concept since our course is also learn about the photography. Besides that, it is also shown the originality of our poster design. In the progress of photography, I used Canon 1300D as the main camera, the tripod and mobile application as the equipment to help me to taking the pictures and manage the angles of camera and the others aspect. Due to the some properties in my room, I need to remove some of the object from the pictures to make the picture looks professional (if I choose to use the picture as the main background).


3.1 Picture 1 (Before-After)

3.2 Picture 2 (Before-After)

3.3 Screenshot of "Canon" application


Finally, I could proceed my pictures into the digital design with Photoshop. The first design that I did was the neon concept where I remove the background and used the plain background with the pencil sketch texture. There are some reasons of me to proceed this one (4.1 First design) as my first idea is to show the complication of staring the computer with the higher brightness of screen and feel anxious in the same time could make people more stressful.


4.1 First design

4.2 Second design


Move to the next design (4.2 Second design), this concept is more simple than the first one. The main point this design is where I am smiling through the computer to focus on myself instead of thinking about what other people say and be positive during the meeting call. Then, I used the chair as the layer to insert the slogan text so that it could be the highlight of the poster. Same with the previous one, I blend the pencil sketch texture to the background instead of using the plain background from the original picture. Additionally, the logo of the computer was covered by the second rail of chair to make it more focus on the slogan. 


5.1 The progress

5.2 The progress


After did the consultation with Mr Fauzi, he chose the second design for me to proceed to the final one since the first design was very cliche and the mainstream concept. The hardest part was the second line of the slogan where I couldn't find the right font type to highlight the meaning of my slogan. At the end, I chose the handwriting font as it would be more logic to blending with the rail chair and underlined the 'You' words as the highlight. And, it ended by the call for action in the footer with sans serif font where people could read it easily.


Final work of Week 9: Poster design



                                                                                         

Student Name: Kelvin Suefelim
Student ID: 0338877
Group: B

Comments